Case study: Artist Kim Eull’s portfolio website
It’s been a long time since I published my last article. I hope everyone is healthy and safe. Many things happened to me over the last 3 years.
I’ve been on maternity & parental leave for the last 3 years, and my daughter has started childcare and settling in well now. So finally, I can go back to work, hooray 🙌 Also, I respect all pregnant women, moms and dads. 👍
This is the first project since I came back from parental leave. I needed to warm up and touch base on the design and coding.
About Kim Eull
Kim Eull (1954 ~) is a contemporary Korean artist. The drawings of Kim Eull hold an expansive spectrum encompassing various genres including painting, sculpture, installation, etc.
About this project
- ∙ Project duration: 2 months (Jan ~ Feb 2023)
- ∙ Design and communication tool: Figma
- ∙ CMS (Content management system): WordPress
- ∙ FrontEnd: Next.js
- ∙ Focus: Displaying gallery (image), searching for information
Table of contents
Step 1. IA (Information Architecture) & wireframe
Step 2. Research references
Step 3. Discussions with the client and developer
Step 4. Prototyping
- ∙ Design in Figma, preview in Codepen
- ∙ Design kits (styles, components and patterns)
Step 5. CMS – WordPress
What I learnt …
- ∙ CSS sprite sheet animation with PNG
- ∙ CSS grid
- ∙ Understanding React