!— Google Tag Manager —> <!— End Google Tag Manager —>
Visual designer who loves CSS.
I specialize in interactive & responsive design
with accessibility in mind.
I have taken various paths on my journey.
I have gained experience in visual design since 2014, handled both physical and digital design including branding, campaign, books, magazines, EDM, web design, social media and so forth.
Since 2017, I wanted to pivot into a digital-driven product design. So I learnt web technologies, HTML, CSS and JavaScrip, especially I love CSS.
Nowadays, 👀 I'm actively looking for Product > UI > Visual design position.
I love learning new methods, tools and languages.
Web Design Artist Kim Eull's portfolio website • Case study
@Freelance • Jan ~ Feb 2023
Maternity & Parental Leave
Jan 2020 – Jan 2023
@Freelance • Apr 2017 ~ Jan 2020
• Product design for Healthcare Collective Web App • Case study
• Websites design: Nam-Sin Kwak • Front-End30 • Ryan Yu • Discover cafes : Directed and designed websites from IA, design research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, QA test to design system.
• Editorial book design: The Art of Toy Story 4 • The premium cuisine of Sima
• Brand design: Korean Culture Festival • Korean Films Festival
@Squiz, digital company, Sydney ・ Feb ~ Apr 2017
• Completed tasks with front-end technologies and Matrix implementation and worked with Squiz Boilerplate, Git and Matrix CMS.
Certificate of completion for Matrix System
@Zentillion, security company, Seoul ・ Jan–Jun 2016
Branding & webdesign for Zentillion Organised and produced brandidentity and design guideline. Designed and produced communication materials such as website design, business card, flyers, brochures, etc.
@World Culture Open, non-profit organization, Seoul ・ Jan 2014 – Dec 2015 • 2 y
• Organised and produced brand design guideline
• Organised campaign , both online (social media) and offline
• Edited and published 23 issues of C!ZINE (EDM)
• Designed and produced 12 promotional videos, 2 promotional websites, and communication materials such as flyers, brochures, posters, etc.
2012 Master of Fine Arts, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
2009 Bachelor of Printmaking, Chugye University of Arts, South Korea
2019 User Experience Nanodegree, Udacity (Onboarding)
2019 Kent Institute, Diploma of Website Development, Sydney
2018 Kent Institute, Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies, Sydney
2015 Typography Boot camp, South Korea
2015 Infographic Boot camp, South Korea
CSS Design Awards ・ Special Kudos ・ Artist Nam Sin Kwaw Portfolio websites ・ Nov 2019
*Featured by CSS-tricks, Smashing Magazine, Sidebar, Hey designer, CSSWeekly, Prototypr, etc.
・ Case study: Artist Kim Eull’s portfolio website
・ Galaxy layout with CSS Grid
・ UI Case study: state styles of card component with accessibility in mind
・ Web design focused on interaction design
・ The story of editorial design for book 1, 2
・ CSS selectors cheatsheet